Thursday, August 28, 2008

McCain VP Prediction

I want to put in my vote before it actually is announced. I predict that John McCain will choose as his running mate ....


Mitt Romney.



Now that Obama chose Biden, I am convinced that it will be Obama/Biden & McCain/Romney. Romney will help with the Western States and be a huge boost for McCain's economic policies. The two biggest issues in the campaign are economic situation at home and national security. If McCain does not choose Romney, he's too proud and stubborn to acknowledge that his economic policies are weak and that he's too focused on national security to be a well-rounded president.

3 comments:

Justin said...

I second your prediction; how do you think that will affect McCain's standings with the evangelical conservatives that were butting heads with Romney?

Cory said...

Looks like I was wrong. So much for my career in political astrology. :)

I think that may be the biggest reason why he didn't choose Romney. That's the only reason that I can see (from my limited perspective) of why Romney would not be the only choice for VP. --That and probably the fact that McCain still hates Romney. :)

Palin certainly has the Social Conservative experience to impress the evangelical base in the GOP. The thing I don't know is what is her expertise on economic matters. I'm scared to let McCain be in charge of our economy. My only hope is that he is too preoccupied with national security so he lets the economic gurus run the economy (aka Romney for Sec. of Treasury)

Shiree said...

I think you were blinded by your religion, and Romney's gleaming white teeth! I didn't really ever think he'd pick Romney. I was right, but I didn't declare that until after the fact, so you can't be sure.

p.s. 99 days until you graduate!!!