Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Where art thou...Kobe?

So, the NBA Finals concluded last night with an impressive (and lop-sided) victory by the Boston Celtics. Although I didn't watch the first quarter (I finished my exam in a rush so I could get home and watch the rest of the game...I hope I passed), it seems that the first quarter and the first 7-8 minutes of the second quarter were the real challenge for the Celtics. The rest of the game looked like the Lakers hadn't even shown up for the game. The Celitcs completely shut down Kobe's offense, not to mention Gasol and Fisher. I must admit that Odom had a pretty fair game through the first half. The second half was a nightmare for fans of the purple and gold.

Allen, Garnett, and Pierce played their games superbly (and Pierce deserves that Finals MVP Trophy). But the guy who really kept the game out of the reach of the Lakers was Rajon Rondo #9. That guy was amazing last night!! He had 6 steals (he averaged less than 3 per game in the regular season and most of them came from Kobe. He really kept the team fired up throughout the second half with his magnanimous play! My hat is off to the Celtics!

Here's to the Celtics!! And here's to a repeat next year!! (Unless the Jazz make it past the second round)

No comments: