Monday, November 17, 2008

Winter Movie Letdown

This Stinks!!

I have been waiting since May 2007 for the release of Harry Potter 6: The Half-Blood Prince. I have become quite the Harry Potter fan (just ask Shiree). So when I realized that the release date for the 6th movie was going to be right around the time that I finish graduate school, my excitement could not be contained. (Our neighbors actually called the cops because it was so loud... J/K -- We love the Loudons!!) Anyway, November 21st was to be the celebration that there was only 3 more weeks of school. I have been anticipating it for months.

Then...

I find out that the release date has been moved to JULY 2009. That's 8 more months!!! How can they do this to me?!?!?!?! I don't think that I can wait that much longer (in reality I can, I just want to gain more sympathy by whining).

Then...

To pour salt on the wound, they announce that Twilight will be taking the place of HP6 on November 21st. (Apologies to all you Twilight fans out there) Twilight???? in place of Harry Potter???? What is this world coming to?!?!?!?!

I guess that it's a good thing that HP6 will be released later than planned. That gives less time between HP6 and HP7-part I (which is scheduled for release in November 2010). So I can see the silver lining in all of this. It just ruins my Harry Potter Graduation Party.

Anyway, I guess that I can look forward to a great summer movie schedule with HP6 in July 2009 and G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra in August 2009. (That's right, GI Joe is coming back to the big screen and thankfully, they didn't put Shia LeBeuof in it)

1 comment:

Shiree said...

You definitely are a Harry Potter fan. Or maybe we should say you're obsessed. :) Too bad about that "Twilight" movie, huh? Looks dumb to me!