Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Graduation Party!!

Dreams do Come True!!


It's amazing to think that this day has come! After 2 years and 4 months I have finally (unofficially - because I haven't received my diplomas) graduated!!! The above picture is from graduation ceremonies for the College of Social Work in May 200. They were kind enough to let me "walk" with my cohort, even though I still had two more semesters. That was my first fake graduation.
I took my last final on Monday, December 8. I also turned in my final two papers that day so when I finished my final at 7:30pm, I walked off campus with no further academic responsibilities. That, was a good feeling. So I called Shiree to tell her that I was done and she told me that she and Alex were waiting for me to come home and have dinner. (Amidst the stress of finishing papers and studying for finals I forgot to eat) I was a little surprised to hear that they were waiting for me. But when I got home, I was even more surprised!!!




That's right!! Shiree bought me some A&W Root Beer!! For those of you that have read my profile, you'll understand how much root beer means to me. That could have capped off the perfect night! Thanks Honey!!
BUT...
That wasn't all. Shiree had gotten me some graduation gifts.



As you can tell, that's a blanket that Shiree made (and I didn't even know about it). One side has Weber State stuff (ie old WSU shirts and purple and white fleece) and the other side is University of Utah Fleece. It looks really cool!! If you look in the bottom right corner you'll see a license plate cover that says: "Alumni - University of Utah." That's right, I am a Utah Alum!!! Thanks Honey!!
Now I thought that was it, BUT....



For those of you who have better eyesight than me, you are looking at Ben & Jerry's "Americone Dream" Ice Cream (and yes, that is Stephen Colbert on the container). I would have been happy to just see an ice cream container with Stephen Colbert on it, but the ice cream is actually good. I think it may have surpassed even Cookies 'n Cream on my all-time favorite list (and that is saying something). For those of you that have not tried it, you should, and for those who have, well, you know what I'm talking about.
Overall, it was a great graduation party!! I am happy to be done. But I think Shiree is even happier than I am about it. She gets to have a husband again. It's been a good 2 1/2 years of graduate school and I have enjoyed it. All the ups and downs, the learning experiences and the challenges. But I'm glad to be moving on. Look out real world, here I come!!


And of course, Alex wants to be just like Daddy!!

4 comments:

tysqui said...

Congratulations! I don't miss school yet. Maybe I will one day...

Shawnee said...

Congrats, fellow Utah Alum! What are your plans now?

Cory said...

Good question Shawnee, when i figure that out, I'll let you know.

Actually, I have a couple of offers from IHC and the VA, I just have to pass my licensure exam in January and then I'll have a real job with a real income!! Hooray for a salary!!!

Shiree said...

I second that, Cory. "Hooray for salary!!"